[DB-SIG] Sybase module 0.24 (Timothy Docker release) released
07 May 2001 14:41:04 +1000
What is it:
The Sybase module provides a Python interface to the Sybase relational
database system. The Sybase package supports almost all of the Python
Database API, version 2.0 with extensions.
The module works with Python versions 1.5.2 and later and Sybase
versions 11.0.3 and later. It is based on the Sybase Client Library
(ct_* API), and the Bulk-Library Client (blk_* API) interfaces.
The 0.20 and later releases are a reimplementation of the module using
a thin C wrapper on the Sybase-CT API, and a Python module to provide
the DB-API functionality. It is still a work in progress, but should
be good enough for most purposes.
Timothy Docker sent a patch with the following changes:
- con.c renamed to conn.c because NT still has the CON: device!!!
- warnings from gcc -Wall fixed.
- bug fix in CS_BLKDESC_blk_init() - missing & operator.
- bug fix in CS_CONNECTION_ct_diag, CS_CONTEXT_cs_diag() - missing
- bug fixes to raise exception for unhandled properties in sybasect
- ARRAY_INSERT now controlled by HAS_ARRAY_INSERT in sybasect.h
- Initialisation via PyObject_HEAD_INIT() now conforms to example
module in Python distribution. It should be possible to compile
and install on NT.
- rename max() macro to maxv() in numeric.c
- created initial setup.py and ntsetup.py for use with distutils.
Now you can just run the following command to install:
bash$ python setup.py install
Or on NT:
> python ntsetup.py install
Where can you get it: