[DB-SIG] Please help: Python/PostgreSQL DateTime.py problems

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy@druid.net
Sat, 26 May 2001 09:36:34 -0400 (EDT)

Thus spake Kevin Cole
> I have another less pressing (and probably much simpler) question:
>   If I'm running PostgreSQL without the network, what do I tell the
>   connect()?  It really seemed to want a hostname, and wasn't thrilled
>   with "localhost".  Until I added the "-i" to postmaster, both
>   x.connect("mystuff") and x.connect("localhost:mystuff") failed.

You are right.  There is a problem there.  I am going to have to see what
I can do about that.  It should really be using the "Classic" connect
method.  As it is it mandates the -i option and that should definitely
be optional.  I am bringing it up on the PyGreSQL mailing list.