[DB-SIG] Feel better, Look better, loose weight, build muscle , and make Money!

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 23:25:30 -0800

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 10:58:19AM -0800, chris@onca.catsden.net wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Keating, Tim wrote:
>
> > Could someone please boot this jackass off the list? Thank you.
>
> I seriously doubt he's ON the list. Just your stock standard spam, we need
> to turn on 'member posting only' :)

That smiley makes me doubt you were serious, but to clarify:

    'member posting only' is *off* because we want random non-subscribed
    users to be able to post here for help. Throwing the hurdle of
    subscribing to the list will just get in their way.

Note that a lot of spam is actually captured by Mailman because very little
of it lists the mailing list in the To: (or CC:) headers.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/