[DB-SIG] Re: zope, zope-popyda, psycopg and python1.5-{,egenix-}mxdatetime

Federico Di Gregorio fog@mixadlive.com
20 Nov 2001 11:16:35 +0100

On Tue, 2001-11-20 at 10:40, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> > yes, we need a python1.5-egenix-mxdatetime package, i think.
>
> Uhm, why don't you just use the standard egenix-mx-base
> package which comes for Python 1.5.2, 2.0 and 2.1 instead
> of creating a new RPM distribution ?

because we were talking about a DEB package, not RPM. for some strange
reason a mail intended for debian-python ended up in python db-sig ML.

> Note that the base package will sooner or later grow intra-
> package dependencies (which is why I wrapped them up as
> single distribution package), so ripping out just the
> mxDateTime part could fail at some point in the future.

debian packaging system supports dependencies much better than rpm. we
won't have such problems. python-egenix-mxdatetime already depends on
python-egenix-base were all the common stuff is kept.

sorry for bothering you with arguments not intended for this list,
federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio
INIT.D Developer                                           fog@initd.org