[DB-SIG] Optional DB API Extensions

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Sat, 27 Oct 2001 17:20:26 +0200

"Dittmar, Daniel" wrote:

> > After some more thinking I also found that I like .scroll() better than
> > .seek() and .tell(). The reason is that in database terms, cursors
> > "scroll", they don't "seek" ;-) (also, I like string arguments more
> > than hard-to-remember integer options).
>
> And why not relative () and absolute ()?

... because the main idea is to move the cursor in the result set
and absolute vs. relative are merely modes of how to express
the move.

Note that I chose 'relative' as default because those databases
which do not support client side cursors will most likely only
implement forward scrolls by a relative number of rows.

CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH