[DB-SIG] Re: ODBC and mxODBC

paul@boddie.net paul@boddie.net
7 Sep 2001 09:50:32 -0000

Silvio Arcangeli wrote:

> What are the differences between ODBC and mxODBC modules?
> Will it be easy to adapt the wrapper module to handle ODBC as well?
> Should I tell my boss to buy the licenses for mxODBC?

I think the major difference between the two is that the ODBC module is only
available on Windows and isn't supported or developed by anyone, at least as
far as I can tell. In contrast, mxODBC is supported and actively developed;
moreover, it appears to be much more comprehensive.

If I were using ODBC seriously, I'd probably want to use mxODBC in preference
to the ODBC module; I would feel much more comfortable doing so.

Paul

--
Get your firstname@lastname email for FREE at http://Nameplanet.com/?su