[DB-SIG] Installation Relink Error in Oracle Client

Titu Kim kimtitu@yahoo.com
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 11:47:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,
  The sweet feeling does not last long. It becomes
bitter again after 3 minutes. I thought i will succeed
this time without further trouble but i am wrong. I
encounter several errors that i have no clue to tackle
with. The first error comes out at the beginning
saying "Thrown when IP host cannot be determined". I
choose "Ignore" at this error. Then the installation
going smoothly and i see the prompt saying
Installation Success. While The process relink the
library and make file, i encounter three errors. I
choose igonore when the first error comes up. Then the
second and the third. I quit the installation. These
three errors are :
1. 'Error in invoking target relink of makefile
/u01/appproduct/8.1.7/precomp/lib/ins_precomp.mk"

2. 'Error in invoking target relink of makefile
/u01/appproduct/8.1.7/sqlplus/lib/ins_sqlplus.mk"

3. 'Error in invoking target relink of makefile
/u01/appproduct/8.1.7/network/lib/ins_net_client.mk"

I believe more errors will come up if i keeping
ignoring previous errors. What exactly i have done
wrong in the process? Do i missing something important
again? I appreciate all of your time.

Kim Titu.