[DB-SIG] Howto generlize database descriptions

Danny Kohn danny.kohn@systematik.se
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 00:46:54 +0200

Hi.
Just started with both Python and MySQL. After some initial grasping =
problems I found the MySQLdb FAQ and read the "really clueless" section =
and can now successfully send SQL statements and receive data table data =
to and from a Python program.

My problem, I am sure, must have been thought about many times but still =
I am not able to find a good tip for how to solve it in Python.=20

I would like an effective way of creating the database with all it's =
tables and access the data tables and understand what's in the records =
all from one source. The goal is of casue to not have to change all =
parts of a program once I find that I need to change the database/table =
layouts.=20

I guess that tuples or tuples in tuples may be a way to describe it but =
then, how efficient with the program execution be with all these =
references being used every time. I'm looking for something like =
define/struc in C where I can build my database from and then use the =
exact same data to access it.

Anyone that understand what I want to say and has a good solution? If so =
this newbee would appreciate a small coding example that I could =
understand, change in and expand.

/Danny