[DB-SIG] DCOracle2 install help.

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 15:03:46 -0400

Titu Kim wrote:

>Hi, all,
>   After one three days battle, i got oracle client
>running on my LInux 7.1. I am more than happy to share
>the bitter experince if someone need that. Now, i have
>to install python db module DCOracle2. Since i use
>python 2.2.1, i may not(may i?) use the pre-compiled
>binaries. I rebuild it and i have the dco2.so file. I
>copy it and put in under
>/usr/local/lib/python2.1/DCOracle2/dco2.so. Then i
>enter python interactive environment to import this
>module using 'import DCOracle2'. The module is not
>found. What have i done wrong? Any suggestion or
>advice is very appreciated. Thanks.
>
>Kim Titu

Depending on how you did things, there are two levels to DOracle2 and
Zope, the DA, and the actual database adapter.

It looks like you're trying to install the python adapter in the system
libraries, which of course, is probably
/usr/local/lib/python2.1/lib/python for you, not
/usr/local/lib/python2.1 unless you changed the default library paths
(ie I am assuming you just configured python with configure
--prefix=/usr/local/lib/python2.1 )  Since I cant tell how you built
python, I dont know where its supposed to go.  However, you should be
able to CD to that directory and just run python manually and have it work.