[DB-SIG] Re: DB-SIG digest, Vol 1 #473 - 1 msg

Chuck Esterbrook ChuckEsterbrook@yahoo.com
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 16:19:51 -0700

At 12:01 PM 9/17/2001 -0400, db-sig-request@python.org wrote:
>I would like an effective way of creating the database with all it's
>tables and access the data tables and understand what's in the records all
>from one source. The goal is of casue to not have to change all parts of a
>program once I find that I need to change the database/table layouts.

Check out MiddleKit in Webware. It does this to a large extent.

I highly recommend that you use CVS for Webware if you are a MiddleKit user
as there are many improvements there.

http://webware.sourceforge.net/

We currently support MySQL and MSSQL with a PostgreSQL patch coming down
the pipe.

-Chuck