[DB-SIG] DB Programming Book Proposal

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 13:06:46 +0200

Bryan Richard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm putting together a proposal for a book on beginning database programming with Python.
>
> Two questions:
> (1) Do you think there is an audience for this material?

Yes.

> (2) What you like to see covered that would spark your interest or what are the base topics that *must* be covered.

* various ways to access databases (depending on client and server
  platforms) and their differences

* comparisons of implemented DB API extensions and data types

* explain typical gotchas like dealing with Unicode data,
  handling unknown data types (e.g. user types), problems
  during connect and ways to work around them (all of these
  are usually DB API and database specific), decimal vs. Python
  floats etc.

> Thanks in advance for any feedback.
>
> Be well,
>
> Bryan "cook" Richard cook@pyzine.com
> Editor, Py
>
> || Py
> || Independent Print Zine for Python Developers
> || www.PyZine.com
> || Py Volume 01 Issue 01 - Out Now!
> || The Inaugural Manifestation for the Sodality of the Snake.
> || $3.00 US & $5.00 International

When can we expect shipment of Py 01 (to Germany) ?

CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH