[DB-SIG] DB Programming Book Proposal

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 19:11:42 +0200

Bryan Richard wrote:

> [Marc wrote]
> >* various ways to access databases (depending on client and server platforms) and their differences
>
> Marc, thanks for the feedback.
>
> This is the approach I have been considering: win32com + ADO on MS w/SQL Server, zxJDBC + Jython on *nix w/mySQL, etc. Sort of a cookbook style focusing on databases.

Sounds like a plan, but you need lots of experience with database
to fill the spaces with content, since each setup has its own
little quirks and things also change when moving from single tier
to multiple tier setups.

> But if the response to this email is any indication of the level of interest for a publication on this topic, perhaps I should shelf this idea and consider another.

You should probably be asking on c.l.p and maybe write a fe
articles in Py to see how well this area of interest is
accepted.

Note that Programming Python on Win32 already includes quite
a bit of information in this area.

CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH