[DB-SIG] Distributed Transaction framework

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 09:15:00 -0500

"M.-A. Lemburg" wrote:

> The DB API already exposes .commit() and .rollback(). What other
> APIs do you have in mind here ?

These are non-distributed APIs. Many databases have separate
APIs to support distributed transactions, typically conforming to
the X/Open XA distributed transaction standard. Unfortunately, the
APIs aren't part of the DB API. We should consider adding these.

> > We'd like to kick off an effort to design a transaction framework
> > to encompass ZODB, relational databases, and other persistence
> > systems.
> >
> > The talk BOF begin with a presentation of the ZODB Transaction
> > framework.
> >
> > The BOF will take place at lunch time on Tuesday, February 5.
>
> I won't make it to the conference;

I'm sorry to hear that.

> could you put up a summary
> of your findings somewhere on the net ?