[DB-SIG] Installing MySQL-python on python 2.2

Andy Todd andy47@halfcooked.com
Mon, 03 Jun 2002 11:18:59 +1000

Clement wrote:
> Do you know where can I download a copy of MySQL-python module that works
> with Python 2.2.1?  The copy that is available at Sourceforge will install
> in /usr/lib/python2.1 only.
>
> Thank you very much for your help.
>
> Regards,
>
> Clement

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=22307&release_id=51760

Scroll down to the highlighted section (should be 0.91). If you are on
Windows select the file with the name
MySQL-python-0.9.1.win32-py2.2.exe. I can confirm that this works with
Python 2.2.1.

If you are not running Windows then get the source distribution and
compile it yourself. If you get compilation errors when you have
expanded the archive and then done 'python setup.py install' then post
them here and we will try and help you out.

If you are running Red Hat and have donwloaded the rpms then someone
else will have to help you out.

Regardless, its generally a good idea to let us know which operating
system, distribution (and version) of Python, and which version of MySQL
you are running.

Regards,
Andy
 From the desk of Andrew J Todd esq - http://www.halfcooked.com