[DB-SIG] [ANN] pyPgSQL 2.1 released

Federico Di Gregorio fog@initd.org
06 Jun 2002 18:18:58 +0200

--=-7U/la3NdMoNJ6aeTr5E/

Il gio, 2002-06-06 alle 18:08, Joseph Wilhelm ha scritto:
> On Thu, 2002-06-06 at 06:30, Andy Dustman wrote:
> <snip>=20
> > I'm curious... There are at least two actively maintained PostgreSQL
> > interfaces (three if you count the one that comes with PostgreSQL). I'v=
> > personally used psycopg a bit lately. What are the advantages and
> > disadvantages of the various interfaces?
> <snip>
>=20
> Another bit of curiosity... do either of these interfaces support
> dictionary results? I'm currently using the 'pg' module provided with
> the PostgreSQL distribution primarily for the fact that I have need of
> dictionary results, and pg gladly supplies them. However, if one of
> these is "better", and provides me with dicts, I would love to give it a
> shot.

erm. psycopg has dictfetchXXX methods. but i think is much better
implement them in python-space, if you really use them a lot. (for
example, if you have two columns with the same name, psycopg will
happily overwrite the first one with the second.)

--=20
Federico Di Gregorio
INIT.D Developer                                           fog@initd.org
             Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? -- Juvenal, Satires, VI, 347

--=-7U/la3NdMoNJ6aeTr5E/

--=-7U/la3NdMoNJ6aeTr5E/--