[DB-SIG] Experiences with DB-API2.0

Gerhard Häring gerhard.haering@gmx.de
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 21:13:27 +0200

* Tom Jenkins <tjenkins@devis.com> [2002-06-20 12:27 -0400]:
> well, if i need to i use dtuple
> (http://www.lyra.org/greg/python/dtuple.py) which does what you want.
> Sometimes i just don't need a resultset object, and the returned tuple
> is just fine (not to mention faster).
>
> this btw caused a bit of trouble, pyscopg returns tuples, but pypgsql
> returns there own result object unless you set a flag.  dtuple expects a
> tuple (iirc) so that was another change i had to set <wink>

Interesting. Does dtuple still have advantages over pyPgSQL's
PgResultset in version 2.1? (I've optimized PgResultSet a lot for 2.1)
And I hope I can optimize cursor fetches a lot more by splitting the
current Cursor class into several mixins a la MySQLdb.

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id AD24C930