[DB-SIG] Experiences with DB-API2.0

Dustin Sallings dustin+pydbsig@spy.net
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 12:14:27 -0700

Around 18:11 on Jun 20, 2002, Julián Muñoz said:

# It seems that a multilayer architecture like the one you have done is a
# good solution (and I think the more natural), for the driver developpers
# and for the end users (developpers who write applications), and if some
# day it is released, and documented, it will be very nice.

	I would argue that creating a less ambiguous DB API would prevent
people from having to create such abstractions in the first place.  I
don't really understand the point of a DB API that requires another layer
of abstraction before a programmer can begin to use it.  The abstract
interface maintainer must be aware of every driver that gets written and
write custom code to deal with it, and then where are you?

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>