[DB-SIG] Experiences with DB-API2.0

Ch'marr vcladmins@ctrl-c.liu.se
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 15:53:04 -0700

On Thursday 20 June 2002 15:39, Tom Jenkins wrote:

> paramstyle (forgot about this one) - this was another one that got us.
> letting driver developers pick from a set of paramstyles means a
> hodge-podge of implemented paramstyles.  we generate alot of our sql, s=
> this becomes another extra step to make sure our generated paramstyle
> matches the style for the adapter we're using.  is there a reason there
> are 5 different styles?  can we narrow this down to maybe one? <wink>

Not to blow my own horn /too/ loudly, but this was something I mentioned =
some=20
time ago.

At the time, I added that it would be nice to, say, be able to write a dr=
iver=20
that supported one param style (say, the one that the C interface layer=20
supported best), and have a DBI base layer do all the necessary conversio=
ns=20
for the other param styles, so that the application programmer need only =
pick=20
a paramstyle most suited to the application.

--=20
    . . `; -._    )-;-,_`)  Chris Cogdon <chmarr@furry.org.au>
  _.- _..-_/ / ((.'         VCL Co-administrator <vcladmins@ctrl-c.liu.se=