[DB-SIG] MySQLdb-0.9.2 release candidate 1

Andy Dustman andy@dustman.net
21 Jun 2002 20:28:38 -0400

On Fri, 2002-06-21 at 17:09, Gerhard H=E4ring wrote:
> * Markus Jais <info@mjais.de> [2002-06-21 22:40 +0200]:
> > hello
> > I have a problem compiling it on my Red Hat 7.3 system with
> > python 2.2.1 and mysql 3.23.49 which comes with Red Hat 7.3
> > but there is no libmysqlclient_r  , there is only libmysqlclient (witho=
ut
> > the "_r")
> >=20
> > what can I do ?
>=20
> Read the setup.py :-)
>=20
> thread_safe_library =3D YES
>=20
> Change this to NO.

Indeed, this is in README as well.
=20
> > I think I have installed all mysql stuff that was on the Red Hat CD's
>=20
> Maybe the *ead*at MySQL binaries aren't that good if they even don't
> include the thread-safe libraries. You could compile MySQL yourself or
> get RPMs at the MySQL site to get the thread-safe libraries.

I personally always use the mysql.com RPMs; they seem to always come
with the thread-safe libraries, and MySQL-shared has the shared
libraries. My build environment is Red Hat 7.3 i386 with the mysql.com
RPMs and gcc-2.96-x (stock Red Hat). I think the mysql.com RPMs are
compiled with gcc3 nowadays, so I might switch to that. But I'm adverse
to building RPMs for test releases.

For some reason, the mysql.com RPMs do not come with libmysqld, which
you can use instead of libmysqlclient(_r) for the embedded server, so I
haven't really taken the time to implement this (apparently it's
trivial, but without the library, I can't test things).=20

--=20
Andy Dustman         PGP: 0x930B8AB6
    @       .net     http://dustman.net/andy
"Cogito, ergo sum." -- Rene Descartes
"I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam." -- Popeye