[DB-SIG] Status of gadfly?

Andy Todd andy47@halfcooked.com
Mon, 04 Mar 2002 20:04:30 +1100

Magnus Lyckå wrote:

> At 18:04 2002-03-03 +0100, Dario Lopez-Kästen wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> is anyone aware of the status of Gadfly? What about Gadfly 2?
>

> The author, Aaron Watters, seems very busy with his Python
> job at ReportLab (www.reportlab.com) but Gadfly is used
> in Zope, and works.
>
> Perhaps it would be a good idea if the maintenance was
> officially moved to someone else...
>
> I guess you should ask Aaron...

I sent an email to Aaron (on his ifu.net address) on the 6th of November
last year. So far I have not received a response.

I'm getting no response from http://www.chordate.com either (as
mentioned on c.l.p. last week) even though whois says that the dns
registration is valid until the 28th of September 2003.

I think we can safely say that the only reason gadfly is still looking
like it is alive are the nails attaching it to the perch.

Regards,
Andy
 From the desk of Andrew J Todd esq.
"So I curtailed my Walpoling activities, sallied forth and infiltrated
  your place of purveyance to negotiate the vending of some cheesy
  comestibles." - Monty Python.