[DB-SIG] Beginner getting out...

Andy Todd andy47@halfcooked.com
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 20:57:06 +1100

Ignacio Guerrero wrote:

> I just wanted to say that I've just found some documentation on the
> module. In fact I have downloaded a MySQL-python-0.9.1.tar.gz that
> differs with the MySQL-python-0.9.1.win32-py2.2.exe that I've already
> installed. This one (the tar.gz) comes with the HTML documentation.
>
> Saddly I read in chapter 1.1 that "Windows is /not/ a supported
> platform." But then it sais that it can be fixed, somehow.
>
> I'll read it. If anything comes up I'll let you know.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> */Ignacio/*

Ignacio,

You want the MySQL-python-0.9.1.win32-py2.2.exe, not
MySQL-python-0.9.1.tar.gz. The first one is pre-compiled windows self
extracting executable which works on Windows. The other is the source
code, useful only if you are on Unix, Linux, BSD or if you have Visual C
for Windows.

Regards,
Andy
 From the desk of Andrew J Todd esq.
"So I curtailed my Walpoling activities, sallied forth and infiltrated
  your place of purveyance to negotiate the vending of some cheesy
  comestibles." - Monty Python.