[DB-SIG] More questions from a stubborn beginner.

Ignacio Guerrero ig_laselva@hotmail.com
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 00:38:37 -0300

Hi there!,

OK, I have a few questions. I've been practicing MySQL, It's a little bit
complex than I thought.

- Can anyone tell me the difference between PRIMARY_KEY, KEY and INDEX?
- Suppose I want a row to show only fixed data like, for instance,
('LivingRoom', 'BathRoom', 'BedRoom', 'Kitchen', 'Garage'). Should I use SET
or is there another way?

A Tough one:

I've almost finished my little program. Remember? The one that prompt you
for a User ID and a Password.
Let's say I want to send a copy of the program to a friend so he can try it,
or that I decided to distribute it.
I have Python and MySQL installed on my computer, but my friend (or mostly
anyone who downloads the program) hasn't.

My script weights 5 Kb and the table I use shouldn't weight more than 20 Kb.

I have  the py2exe module installed but I haven't tried it yet.

- So, in general terms, how could I distribute this program without other
people having to install Python and MySQL?

Thank you,

Ignacio