[DB-SIG] Connection string on informixdb DBI API 1.0

Andrés Meza andres.meza@virtualnm.com
Thu, 23 May 2002 15:10:09 -0500

Greetings.

I am using the informixdb 1.3 module and my script refuse make
connection. I am not sure about the format of the connection string, so
I think the right way to make it is like this:

database_name@server_name:port:user:password

Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong.

Thanks,
--
   Andrés Meza
   Research + Development Manager

#!/usr/bin/python

try:
    import informixdb #Import of Python-Informix module
except:
    print "Error importing the informixdb module"

dbName = "sef"
serverName = "62.25.9.99"
serverPort = "432"
userName = "myuser"
password = "123"
cadDB = "%s@%s:%s:%s:%s" %
(dbName,serverName,serverPort,userName,password)

try:
    d=informixdb.informixdb(cadDB)
    c=d.cursor()
    print "Conection done using DBI API 1.0"

except:
    cadError = "Error connecting to database '%s'." % cadDB
    print cadError

c.close()
d.close()