[DB-SIG] Multiple Statements

William Trenker wtrenker@shaw.ca
Tue, 28 May 2002 16:20:10 -0700

--Boundary_(ID_ZbaJf3i0qvp2v+lbQdXdxA)

At 06:41 PM 5/28/02 -0400, Andy Dustman wrote:
>Nearly all DB-API modules I have seen require a single statement passed to=
=20
>either execute() or executemany(), i.e. no multiple statement queries.=20
>nextset() is for SELECTs which return multiple result sets; I've never=20
>seen this used.

I am the culprit behind Gerhard H=E4ring's question that prompted the above=
=20
reply.  I have posted a question on zope-db@zope.org asking how Zope ends=20
up passing a multiple SQL statement query from a ZSQL Method to a Zope=20
Database Adapter.

I am simply trying to make sure that the Python SQLite DB-API 2.0 module=20
that Garhard, myself, et al are developing will also be Zope=20
compliant.  Or, more specially, I'm trying to determine the "proper" way to=
=20
interface a Zope DA to a Python DB-API 2.0 module.

Bill Trenker
http://pysqlite.sourceforge.net/

"The commandments of the LORD are right, bringing joy to the heart. The=20
commands of the LORD are clear, giving insight to life . . . For this is=20
the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are=20
not burdensome." (Psalm 19:8, 1John=20
5:3)    <http://torahteacher.com/>torahteacher.com

--Boundary_(ID_ZbaJf3i0qvp2v+lbQdXdxA)

---