[DB-SIG] string assignment

Magnus Lycka magnus@thinkware.se
Tue, 05 Nov 2002 20:03:11 +0100

At 18:31 2002-11-05 +0100, Carla Attianese wrote:
>Hi everybody,
>I'm writing a python script that tries to connect to informix DB. I got an
>error in assigning a SQL Create Table statement to a variable. This is how
>I did it:
>
>CREATE_TABLE = """
>CREATE TABLE (......
>
>I got an invalid syntax error at the first line. I tried with single
>quote, getting the same error.It seems not to accept an assignment of a
>string to a variable. I'm using Python 2.1.1 on WIndows XP. Am I doing
>something wrong with the syntax?

If you get a syntax error it seems you are. If you are
getting it on that line, it's probably a bit off topic
for this mailing list though... ;)

I think you are looking for the problem in the wrong
place. Might there be inconsistent whitespace or something
like that? A space before CREATE_TABLE ??? Or have you
forgotten a closing ), ] or } just before?

--
Magnus Lycka, Thinkware AB
Alvans vag 99, SE-907 50 UMEA, SWEDEN