[DB-SIG] Uittests for Python Database API Specification 2.0

Michael Scharf Michael_Scharf@gmx.de
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 17:35:39 +0100

Hi,

are there any unit tests for the "Python Database API Specification 2.0".
I have seen some kind of tests in mxODBC, but I wonder if there is a set
of unit tests that can be used to check the conformance to the PDAPI2.0?

It would also be cool to have tests that tell you which features a
particular PDAPI2.0 database implements. That could be helpful for
deciding which database to use. It would also help when one wants to
switch to another implementation.

Another nice thing would be to have a set of performance tests based
on the PDAPI2.0. That could be very helpful when to compare different
implementations. There are so many databases and it's really hard to
decide which one to use (given some performance constraints)...

What's also interesting sometimes it the disk space (% of wasted disk
space given a data set) and (maximum) memory usage of a database.

Finally, installation size is important sometimes.

It would be really cool to have a database of information like that
for as many PDAPI2.0 implementations as possible...

Michael