[DB-SIG] mx.ODBC.Windows - execute() parameter substitution raisesException

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Fri, 04 Oct 2002 21:10:50 +0200

Krjukov Victor wrote:
>>BTW, have you modified mxODBC in some way ? The line number
>>indicated in the error message doesn't map to a valid line
>>in the C code.
>

> No, I'm using the binary distribution version and haven't modified it
> (actually I don't even know how to modify .pyd files ;).

Strange. Must be the MSVC compiler messing up the line numbers.

> I still don't understand what 'line in the C code' you are talking
> about; should the error message from unmodified mxODBC contained some
> information about line in C source in which error occurs?

Yes: the last entry in the error tuple is the line number in
the C code which produced the exception. Makes support a lot
easier.

> BTW, is it
> possible that this binary distribution is NOT compiled with debugging
> support? I've tried to use python -d switch to turn debugging as I have
> read in your documentation, but it doesn't lead to mxODBC.log file
> creation in current dir.

That's true: the release versions don't ship with debugging code.

CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH