[DB-SIG] Compiling DCOracle2 on HPUX

Marcos Sánchez Provencio msanchez@grupoburke.com
08 Oct 2002 08:56:19 +0200

There is a script that makes libclntsh.so; you may have to run it to be
able to link programs against your Oracle installation. The script is
supposed to be harmless, but you might need to recompile other programs
that use this library.

The second issue is to simply verify permissions.

I hope it helps; I managed to compile DCOracle2 in Solaris (SunOS 4.2 or
something). The server was oracle 7, but everything worked fine when the
8i client was installed. The funny thing is that the v8 client needs to
have some listener started, which v7 programs don't. You can tell by my
language that I am an Oracle expert :-)