[DB-SIG] [ANN] SQLObject 0.1

Ian Bicking ianb@colorstudy.com
21 Oct 2002 19:55:21 -0500

This is the first release of SQLObject (v0.1).

SQLObject is an object-relational mapper.  It's meant to make database
rows look like normal Python objects -- no dictionary access, no
distinguishing features between attributes derived from the row and
attributes you define in your class definition.  It also doesn't use any
toolchain or code generation.

It currently only supports MySQL, but I would like to support other
databases (it should be easy).  It makes some assumptions about your
schema, but does not require anything novel.  I would like to make it
possible to use with any reasonable schema.

This is an alpha-quality release -- an earlier version has been used
significantly without issue, but this is a complete rewrite.  It *does*
have full documentation.

You can find it at:
  http://colorstudy.com/software/python/SQLObject/

(I'm looking for some feedback before I announce this more widely)

--
Ian Bicking           Colorstudy Web Development
ianb@colorstudy.com   http://www.colorstudy.com