[DB-SIG] Accessing MSSQL from Python

Harri Pasanen harri.pasanen@trema.com
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 17:29:44 +0200

On Tuesday 03 September 2002 15:46, Kevin Jacobs wrote:
> On 3 Sep 2002, Marcos S=E1nchez Provencio wrote:
> > Now I have applied it, but I have not seen much difference. What is i=
> > that it corrects?
>
> It must be a SQL Server 2000 specific thing -- it sends back some extra
> locale information in many server replies, which are treated as errors
> without my patch.
>
> -Kevin

I'm getting it with SQL Server 7, I believe it is related to the message =
tsql=20
spits out on connect:

Msg 5703, Level 0, State 1, Server LABS-LAPTOP009, Line 0
Changed language setting to us_english.

So your patch fixed it fine, it was segfaulting in Sybase.connect() witho=
ut=20
that.

I've had less luck in running stored procedures.  That seems to work from=
 tsql=20
level, so the problem is more likely somewhere in the sybase module.

-Harri