[DB-SIG] SAP DB

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Fri Apr 11 12:10:27 EDT 2003

ali wrote:
> hi...
>
> i just would like to ask if you have tried using sap db with python??? and if yes, what can you say? (in relation to other open/free databases)

Works like a charm... we've been using it on our production systems
for more than two years now.

The only gripe I have is that power failure sometimes crashes the
database indexes (because SAP DB tries to store these in memory).
Fortunately, rebuilding them takes just one admin command and
SAP DB then rebuilds them itself.

eGenix.com

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, Apr 11 2003)