[DB-SIG] SAP DB

ali rmangaliag at slu.edu.ph
Fri Apr 11 18:31:41 EDT 2003

thanks for the reply...

would you recommend it over postgresql???

a lot of my friends are saying that among all free databases, postgresql can go head to head against other commercial rdbms (like oracle and mssql)... of course, i'm referring to enterprise level databasing...

is this true???

again, thanks...

ali

>ali wrote:
>> hi...
>>
>> i just would like to ask if you have tried using sap db with python??? and if yes, what can you say? (in relation to other open/free databases)
>
>Works like a charm... we've been using it on our production systems
>for more than two years now.
>
>The only gripe I have is that power failure sometimes crashes the
>database indexes (because SAP DB tries to store these in memory).
>Fortunately, rebuilding them takes just one admin command and
>SAP DB then rebuilds them itself.
>
>--
>Marc-Andre Lemburg
>eGenix.com
>
>Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, Apr 11 2003)
>EuroPython 2003, Charleroi, Belgium:                        74 days left

Best regards.
ali
rmangaliag at mbox.slu.edu.ph
2003-04-11