[DB-SIG] SAP DB

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Fri Apr 11 12:31:20 EDT 2003

ali wrote:
> thanks for the reply...
>
> would you recommend it over postgresql???
>
> a lot of my friends are saying that among all free databases, postgresql can go head to head against other commercial rdbms (like oracle and mssql)... of course, i'm referring to enterprise level databasing...
>
> is this true???

Can't really say, postgresql is a fast moving target these days :-)

SAP DB OTOH is a commercial database that happens to be available
as Open Source software. And SAP is putting quite a bit of effort
into supporting it. That sure makes selling it to customers a
lot easier :-)

eGenix.com

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, Apr 11 2003)