[DB-SIG] Re: Unable to acquire Oracle environment handle

Anthony Tuininga anthony at computronix.com
Thu Dec 11 09:42:17 EST 2003

I have seen this error before but, as already stated, without the actual
exception and the lines causing the exception its hard to say for sure.
That said, when this has happened, the ORACLE_HOME and PATH (Windows) or
LD_LIBRARY_PATH (Unix/Linux) are mismatched. That is, the ORACLE_HOME
environment variable points to an Oracle 8i installation but the
PATH/LD_LIBRARY_PATH variables point to an Oracle 9i installation, for
example. Oracle doesn't seem to like this much... :-)

--
Anthony Tuininga
anthony at computronix.com

Computronix