[DB-SIG] O-R-Mapper for MySQL that don't require 2.2...

Magnus Lycka magnus@thinkware.se
Tue, 04 Feb 2003 16:15:04 +0100

I see that a lot of the new O-R-mappers use 2.2 features
like new style classes. It seems right now that I'd need
to build a small app that interfaces to MySQL on a Linux
box where I only have Python 2.1.2.

As far as I understand, this rules out SQLObject as well
as db_row.

Can anyone suggest something simple that will fit here?
I don't really need a full fledged O-R-mapper, I just
thought I'd make this little app as simple as possible.

It's a small app, just two tables to start with, and I
don't exepect it to grow a lot, so it's no big deal to
wrap this manually, but I thought I could try one of
the mappers, like Andy Dustman's SQLDict or Fionn Behrens'
pSQL.

Any suggestions?

--
Magnus Lycka, Thinkware AB