[DB-SIG] Re: [Python-Dev] database APIs

Eivind Tagseth eivindt-db-sig@multinet.no
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 16:48:35 +0100

* Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl@samba-tng.org> [030205 15:34]:
>  i have started the process of moving away from actually having
>  the HTML _in_ the python code, and using a package to template
>  the HTML (apt-get install python-htmltmpl).
>
>  what are your thoughts on such a move?

IMO, it's the only way to go, anything else is absolutely horrible.

>  personally i am not very impressed with python-htmltmpl it smacks
>  of phpisms which always makes me shudder.

>  is there anything better out there?

Yes, Cheetah.  I've been using it for a while, and it's got what I want
from a template engine and achieves a much better separation between
logic and presentation than e.g. php and jsp.  And while it's not
python, it feels quite pythonish...

	http://cheetahtemplate.org/

Check it out...

Eivind