[DB-SIG] Re: DCOracle2 Installation Issues on Linux Redhat 7.4

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 14:20:26 +0100

Kevin Jacobs wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>
>>>Your thoughts?
>>
>>I can add them to the PEP, if that should matter.
>>
>>However, you should know that the datetime module in Python 2.3 does
>>not provide a C API of its own, so integration with C code is not as
>>easy as with mxDateTime. And, of course, the datetime module is
>>not available in Python 1.5.2 - 2.2.
>
> I understand -- despite those limitations, I'm hoping that driver module
> authors will include support for both.  That way those who don't want to
> download and install an extra package win, and those that are happy to do so
> also win.

FYI, I've added a note to the PEP for DB-API 2.0.

eGenix.com

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, Feb 11 2003)
Python UK 2003, Oxford:                                     49 days left
EuroPython 2003, Charleroi, Belgium:                       133 days left