[DB-SIG] DCOracle2 Installation Issues on Linux Redhat 7.4

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 09:55:22 -0500

Kirby Lester wrote:

>Hello All,
>  Please be patient with me, as I am new to python and especially new to
>DCOracle2.  I currently have a sympathetic sys admin helping me and he has
>installed DCOracle to the python 2.1 directory.  When I try to import
>DCOracle using either a script or the interactive prompt, I get the
>following error "ImportError: No module named DateTime".

Hi Kirby,

DCOracle2 has an inner and outer directory.  The outer one is probably
overdue to be renamed back to "ZOracleDA" -- the inner one is the one
you want.

The naming made sense two years ago when DCOracle2 was new, but doesn't
belong anymore.