[DB-SIG] Towards a single parameter style

Marcos Sánchez Provencio msanchez@grupoburke.com
17 Feb 2003 16:58:07 +0100

--=-5iKqy4f+gNbJWCWJfL6W

There is no need to re-invent the wheel. I use ODBC all the time with
VB. If you want performance or backend specifics, you just use the
parsing bypass available. What's the jdbc/perl solution?

El lun, 17 de 02 de 2003 a las 16:29, Anthony Tuininga escribi=F3:
> This will kill any hope of reasonable performance. Any thoughts about a
> higher level API written in Python which can be a single common module
> with plugins [the current drivers that exist] and could convert from the
> "standard" model to the one the plugin requires? That way, those who
> care about portability can use the single common module [which could
> even be included in the core eventually] and those who care about
> performance can use the plugin directly. Any thoughts?
>=20
> On Sun, 2003-02-16 at 21:09, Stuart Bishop wrote:
> > On Monday, February 17, 2003, at 10:36  AM, Daniel Dittmar wrote:
> >=20
> > > To make it possible to support multiple styles in one driver, I=20
> > > propose the following:
> > > - connection.cursor () gets an optional keyword parameter 'paramstyle=
'
> > > - connection has a writeable attribute which gives the default for=20
> > > this parameter (or perhaps a mapping named 'cursorOptions', in case w=
e=20
> > > want to support more options)
> >=20
> > I'd always just thought that cursor.execute would be responsible for=20
> > translating from the One True Paramstyle to paramstyle as required by=20
> > vendor (ala JDBC and PerlDBI). I think all that needs to happen is=20
> > 'replace %(foo)s with ?, except in a string'. But I've never gotten=20
> > around to actually doing this so I've probably missed something :-)
--=20
gpg --recv-keys --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net B9AD9B1B

--=-5iKqy4f+gNbJWCWJfL6W

--=-5iKqy4f+gNbJWCWJfL6W--