[DB-SIG] cursor.description - values for 'I don't know'

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Sat, 04 Jan 2003 00:21:40 +0100

Gerhard H=E4ring wrote:
> Heya,
>=20
> what's the preferred value for the various fields in the
> cursor.description tuples when they're not known? -1? 0? None?

None.

> Yet another issue that the DB-API spec should clarify IMO.

Doesn't it already ?

"""
         .description

             This read-only attribute is a sequence of 7-item
             sequences.  Each of these sequences contains information
             describing one result column: (name, type_code,
             display_size, internal_size, precision, scale,
             null_ok). The first two items (name and type_code) are
             mandatory, the other five are optional and must be set to
             None if meaningfull values are not provided.
"""

--=20
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH