[DB-SIG] Re the addition of decimal numbers to python

David Warnock david@sundayta.com
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 16:27:50 +0000

Bob,

> Sorry; my intent was to convey:
>
> Class FixedPoint:
>   def __init__(self, value, precision):
>     self.value = value # as an integer
>     self.precision = precision # number of places to right of decimal point
>   # other methods to perform the arithmetic

Cool, in that case we agree. FixedPoint rules and is required for all
serious work ;-) More seriously I am continually surprised when
languages don't support this data type by default as I write very few
applications where it is not needed.

Dave
--
David Warnock, Sundayta Ltd. http://www.sundayta.com
iDocSys for Document Management. VisibleResults for Fundraising.