[DB-SIG] Re: MSSQL Python module

Oliver Vecernik vecernik@aon.at
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 09:01:09 +0100

Ovidiu schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>         I have a question, and maybe some of you guys can help me. I'm
> currently testing MSSQL Server Module for Python from Object Craft (
> http://www.object-craft.com.au/projects/mssql/ ), in order to use it
> instead of ADO, and my problem is around executing stored procedures
> with input/output parameters. They admit having an issue on
> cursor.callproc, recommanding instead cursor.execute.
>
>         Now, If my stored procedure has no parameters, then both methods
> works perfect. If there are some parameters ( input parameters ),
> cursor.callproc fails saying 'Internal error: dbrpcparam'  but
> cursor.execute works excellent.
>
>         The real problem is that I don't know how to access the output
> parameters when execution returns. The documentation don't say anything
> and neither the source code.
> Anyone of you had a similar problem?

 From their HP:

The MS SQL Server package is still in early development so some things
will not work - other things will GP fault.

If you use the module please send me some email so I can either fix the
problem or document the things that work.

If you have any trouble shooting suggestions, please send me some email
at  djc@object-craft.com.au

HTH
Oliver