[DB-SIG] Result Set Inconsistencies

Orr, Steve sorr at rightnow.com
Wed Jul 16 13:58:53 EDT 2003

I know the spec calls for sequences but why? Why be vague on an API
"spec?" Intentional inconsistency? So if I'm developing against multiple
databases and I want consistent result sets I have to know the behavior
of each module and convert types? Seems weird to me.

I'm thinking results sets should always be a lists or I should be able
to specify how I want the result sets. I know there are lots of
differences in database engines and an API can't make all database
engines behave the same but it OUGHT to impose SOME consistency.