[DB-SIG] Getting a custom build of python to talk to MySQL

Gerhard Häring lists@ghaering.de
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 22:45:48 +0100

* Richard <richard@insane.bug-e.net> [2003-03-23 11:56 +0200]:
> [...] What I want to do:
> I have a scientific application that includes python as an embedded
> macro language.  The entire user interface is also customisable in
> python (very cool btw).  This app runs on Win32, linux and up to
> multi-proccessor, million $ hardware, but I am running it on win32.
>
> I want to get this app's python to talk to a database.  I have
> access to MySQL on a freebsd machine.
>
> I have tried to get MySQL-python 0.9.1 and 0.9.2 to talk to the
> embedded python (is this the correct term?) but it will not work.
>
> This is because the python is a custom build.  As follows:
>
> Python 2.0 (#0, Jul  1 2002, 10:16:04) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
> Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)

Which MySQLdb have you installed? Is it this download:

MySQL-python-0.9.1.win32-py2.0.exe

? Note that Python extensions are not necessarily binary compatible
across Python major.minor.micro versions where anything except micro
differs.

So, don't use any versions of MySQLdb built for Pyhton 2.1 or 2.2.

Gerhard
--
mail:   gh@ghaering.de
web:    http://ghaering.de/