[DB-SIG] How to know what to do with parameters...

Anthony Tuininga anthony at computronix.com
Fri May 16 17:46:31 EDT 2003

I don't think Magnus is suggesting that the _dbapi_string() perform the
conversion or that the _dbapi_value() method that I suggested would
convert the string. That is still the domain of the DB API driver. All
that is needed is some way of defining the value that is to be bound to
the database driver in a way that is understandable by the driver. So if
I have an instance of type Money()

_dbapi_type() -> returns NUMBER
_dbapi_value() -> returns a Python string that can then be manipulated
by the driver as needed

Or is there something else that I am missing?

--
Anthony Tuininga
anthony at computronix.com

Computronix