[DB-SIG] MySQL error 2013, 'Lost connection to MySQL server during query'

Lloyd Kvam pythontutor at venix.com
Sat May 24 17:30:43 EDT 2003

I have gone through my code and now carefully close all cursors.  The error
still recurs sporadically.  There's too much code to post, and the code works most
of the time.  I do not have any repeatable way to reproduce the problem.

In searching around the mysql.com web site I encountered a suggestion to
set the thread_stack larger.  I will try that, but would love to get any
other suggestions.

Chris Cogdon wrote:

> On Tuesday, May 20, 2003, at 13:09 US/Pacific, Lloyd Kvam wrote:
>
>> I have not been closing cursors, but simply leaving them to get garbage
>> collected.  I have not been reusing cursors for successive queries.
>

> That's probably your problem there. If the DBAPI needs to keep track of
> which cursors are open, then there's a cycle that can only be broken by
> manually indicating when you dont need the cursor anymore (via a 'close')
Lloyd Kvam
Venix Corp.
1 Court Street, Suite 378
Lebanon, NH 03766-1358