[DB-SIG] [adodbapi] Creating MS Access DB

xHenrik Ekelund hekelund at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 8 04:27:43 EDT 2003

No I don't think you can create a new Access database with adodbapi (or ODBC
or whatever), because the Jet engine does not have a CREATE DATABASE
statement. The easiest way to do it is of to course to use Access to create
a new database file. But I would definitely recommend to use the MSDE engine
that is included with Access (also called Access Database Project) instead.
It is a scaled down version of SQL Server which is much better than Jet.
MSDE understands the Transact-SQL language, which has a CREATE DATABASE
statement, so I believe it is possible to use MSDE to create new databases.
Good Luck,
Henrik Ekelund