[DB-SIG] pb in connect call with cx_Oracle

dbsig dbsig at evpopov.com
Thu Oct 16 04:49:59 EDT 2003

Hi,

When calling cx_Oracle.connect(), I get the exception:

"RuntimeError: Unable to acquire Oracle environment handle"

Does anyone know what this error mean ? I'm a total newbie regarding Oracle
management (I've just installed it for the first time and tried to connect with
Python), so that may be a stupid thing I did / didn't do. Connecting to my
database with the console enterprise manager do work, however. Also, I started
all the Oracle services I could, in case it would help (but it didn't)...

I'm using cx_Oracle V3.1, Oracle personal edition V9.2.0.1.0 with server and
client tools installed.