[DB-SIG] Questions on PostgreSQL module

Ms Soo Chong s4046441 at student.uq.edu.au
Fri Aug 13 17:48:54 CEST 2004

Hi all,

Thanks Alan Gauld and Lee Harr for the prompt reply
for my previous questions.

As you guys know, I'm just got to know python and is
trying hard to learn and apply it now. I have some
questions on the PostgreSQL module.

What's the difference between pygreSQL :
http://www.pygresql.org/README.txt and DB-API 2.0 :
http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0249.html?

I noticed that one of them uses cursor objects and
the other don't. Can someone tell me the differences
and other than the two websites I mentioned earlier,
are there any good and simple examples (showing the
connection between python, postgreSQL and CGI)
around? The ones that I'm reading it now are pretty
complicated for me now.

Thank you.

Looking forward to hear from your guys soon...

cheers
SF