[DB-SIG] db module wrapper

Randall Smith randall at tnr.cc
Thu Aug 19 19:27:08 CEST 2004

Ian Bicking wrote:

> The other big issue is exceptions, so that you can catch an exception
> (e.g, ProgrammingError) no matter which database it came from.  People
> have mentioned low-impact ways of doing this, but I don't know the
> mechanics.  It would certainly fit with the rest of what you are doing.
>
>   Ian

I'm definitely doing this.  I first must decide which exception should
be raised, then map the native module's exception to the wrapper's
exception.  Is there some majority opinion on which exceptions should be
raised for each occurance?

What I'm really doing is defining a new API.  I would like it to be in
line with the majority's opinion.

Randall